Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Monthly Chalange: Feeding my family for $40 per month

Ok call me crazy but I only have $40 to feed my family of 5 this month! I want a little crazy in July and blew my food budget out of the water when I decided to fill my freezer meals. I know I can do this, it's going to be hard but it's possible. My plan is to live of our stock pile, only buying fruit, veggies and dairy items.
 I still have 9 of the 15 meals I prepped while on my vacation and we have 12 containers of soup from my winter freezer meals. I will also make 2 meatless meals per week. Planing out my shopping is going to be tricky however Safeway's has been releasing some Awesome Just for U deals that make it possible for me to snag such great deals on every day staples. Albertson's usually has double coupons every few weeks which will land us some free food.
This weeks trip:
  • 3 lbs Apples
  • 10 lbs potatoes
  • bunch of bananas
  • 3 bags of Cole slaw
  • 2 doz eggs
  • 1/2 gallon milk
Total OOP $ 7.20
Remaining for month $32.80

No comments:

Post a Comment